Thursday, October 9, 2008

37 weeks

I can't believe I've made it this far into my pregnancy. I'm experiencing things I've never had before, swollen legs and feet, crying spells (guess you can say hormonal), just want to sleep all day. I'm so glad that I've gone this far. I can't wait to hold my new little girl in my arms.
I maybe excited to see her but, I'm looking forward to seeing the look on Natie and Nate faces when they see her. I remember when Natalie seen Nathaniel for the first time. I'm so glad I got a picture of it! I'm so worried that Nathaniel is going to have a hard time when she is here. Only because he's been Mommy's "baby" for 3 years. I know Natalie is going to be just fine. She's a mother hen in a little bitty body. She loves babies and is so excited to be able to help me with her. Every time I have to go to the doctors I tell her before I drop her off at school that I have an appointment to check up on "YaYa'' (that's the kids nickname for Amaiya). When I go to pick her up from school, the first thing she says to me when she gets in the car is "how is my baby?". I think its so funny that my little girl is such a wonderful caring person already for being so young.
Nathaniel is always rubbing my belly and singing to her. So, I know that he's going to be the one to try to calm her down with singing his ABC's, Mary had a Little Lamb, You are My Sunshine or Papaw's munchkin bunchkin song.
I'm so ready for her to be here. I only have 23 days left until I'm full term. I don't know why it scares me so much to think I can actually carry her to term. I guess it because I never have before and also the weight issue. I'm totally scared to deliver a baby more than 7 pounds. I'm getting anxious every passing day that she is still inside of me.

I went to the doctors today and he said she is doing great. I've gained 3 pounds in a week so he's worried about that plus my swelling. He said he's expecting me to come in the weekend or by this week. I go back thursday if nothing happens. I told him I can't have her on thursday cause that's my cousin's birthday and that day is already taken. lol.

Well, lets see what happens. Hopefully she will be here sooner than later!

3 comments:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I can't wait to meet her.

fawn & fern said...

i'm so happy that you've made it this far. i was thinking about that today...how great it is that this pregnancy has gone so much smoother for you.
love you!

Anonymous said...

Now that she's here wasn't it worth it waiting? She is beautiful. Tou need to post some pictures soon.